Pregnancy, Breast Feeding, and COVID-19 Guidance

WIC Program

WIC is the special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children. It is part of the federal assistance program from the Food and Nutrition Service of he United States Department of Agriculture. The goal of the WIC program is to improve nutrition and healthcare for low-income pregnant women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children under the age of five by providing:

  • Nutritious foods to supplement diets
  • Information on healthy eating
  • Referrals to health care and other services
  • Breastfeeding support

To be eligible for WIC, a family must have an income below >185% of the federal poverty level. Most states do allow automatic income eligibility, where a person or family participating in certain benefits programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Medicaid, or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, may automatically meet the income eligibility requirements.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866)632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

Fax: (202)690-7742; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.