Johnson-Magoffin Home Health Care
Johnson-Magoffin County Home Health Agency has been providing in-home services to residents of Johnson and Magoffin counties since 1975. We provide skilled nursing services, physical, occupational and speech therapy and home health aide services for assistance with personal care needs. We also provide services under the Home and Community Based Waiver Program to deliver personal care, housekeeping and respite services to qualifying individuals.
We pride ourselves in providing excellent care to our patients in their home environment. We believe that our patients recover much more quickly in their home than in a long term care facility or hospital. Our caring staff is always there to assist them in there recovery or to help meet their needs. The law states that patients have a choicer when it comes to choosing a home health agency. When you patients are in the need of home health care, contact our agency to assist you in meeting their needs. We look forward to caring for them in their home.
Medicare Services Provided
Patients must be homebound and be in need of a skilled service such as:
• Skilled nursing services for skilled nursing assessments after a recent hospitalization or change in condition, IV therapy, wound care, injection therapy, (if coverage criteria are met) and education related to their care. Drawing blood is not considered a qualifying skill on its own.
• Physical Therapy Services
• Speech Therapy Services
• Occupational Therapy Services
• Home Health Aide Services (if ordered along with a qualifying skilled service)
Home Health services for the Medicaid client must be preformed in the home and must be pre-authorized. There must also be a general inability of the patient to leave home and it should require a taxing effort.
Services covered include:
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Home Health Aide Services for Personal Care
- Home and Community Based Waiver Services for Personal Care, Homemaking, Respite Services
and Attendant Care